- Dr Frauke Bagusche, Author of 'The Blue Wonder' - Why the Sea Glows, Fish Sing, and Other Astonishing Insights from the OceanAstonishing events occur beneath the sea: a mysterious glow beckons at night, the smallest organisms play the largest role, and fish, who seem so taciturn, converse with each other—loudly. But we only know a fraction of the sea, despite its size and intrigue—even the moon’s surface has been studied more than the ocean’s depths.In The Blue […]
- The Carbonator - Andrew Baker - The Woodland Carbon CodeOn all your favourite platforms and at the Tree Lady Talks website is Andrew Baker of the Woodland Carbon Code, telling all in this informative interview with Sharon about the UK situation with Carbon - sequestration, offsetting, and more. Affectionately known as 'The Carbonator', he is on a mission, and he knows what he's talking […]
- The Carbonator - Andrew Baker -SoundbiteAfter 5 years as a Forest Manager and another year as Carbon Project Manager with Tilhill, Andy recently joined the Woodland Carbon Code (WCC) team as their Woodland Carbon Markets Advisor. During his time at Tilhill he represented the ICF on the WCC Advisory Board, after achieving his professional membership in 2019. Working with landowners, […]
In this episode, Naomi explains the path her career took when a career in dance was set aside for a chance to work in arboriculture. She explains:-
Growing up in Bronx NY and studying dance and music throughout my formative years, I would never have imagined the professional life realized.
I studied Botany, Horticulture, Landscape Design, but nothing fit until my first hike in the Catskills (NY) Forever Wild forest. My tree journey led me to the developing world of Urban Forestry studies and a relationship with Federal and State Urban Foresters, enabling me to
• co-author the Federal ReLeaf U&CF program for NY State; implement /chair the program in NYC;
• author Recommendations for an Urban Forest Management Plan;
• coordinate international and local educational conferences, seminars and workshops for
professionals and concerned citizens;
• develop/ initiate informed stewardship/ citizen science opportunities for concerned NY
residents, e.g. the Asian Longhorned Beetle NYC Public Outreach program (Federally-funded).
I became a Certified Arborist in 1996, working as a Consulting Arborist, specializing in reviewing/ editing/ authoring Tree/ Landscape Preservation/ Protection specifications for large public infrastructure projects, developing a “Building WITH Trees” approach to design and build.
I co-organized and chaired NYC Root Zone, a 501-c-3, authoring publications and providing informal educational opportunities for landscape professionals. I am now semi-retired, living in Luzern Switzerland and working to enhance and advance European Urban Forestry through
• contributions to COST projects;
• the Swiss federally funded Climate Change Adaptation project;
• implementation of i-Tree as an i-Tree team affiliate member;
• European Forum on Urban Forestry steering committee membership.
For the past 22 years, as Director of Business Development, Joh Stulen's Innovatek team has delivered business improvement services through WoodWORKS and Forest Industry Engineering Association. FIEA is the leading provider of technology transfer to forest and wood products sectors in Australasia. The group has developed over 200 international forest and wood technology conferences in New Zealand, Australia and North America.
Sean Weaver is founder and CEO of Ekos – an environmental financing consulting business focusing on indigenous forest carbon projects and zero carbon certification for organisations and products. He is an international expert in indigenous forest carbon, carbon markets and market-based mechanisms for environmental and climate financing. He is a forest carbon consultant to national and local governments (NZ and the Pacific Islands), multilateral banks (World Bank, African Development Bank), international agencies (UNDP, SPREP) small medium and large businesses/corporations. A former senior lecturer in Environmental Studies at Victoria University of Wellington. He has a PhD in Forestry, and is based in Christchurch, New Zealand.